Seymour RX Drop Box
Pharmaceutical waste constitutes a significant environmental risk, especially to our drinking water. Studies conducted throughout the country have uncovered many of these drugs in our drinking water, and the negative effects of these substances on the general population are only now beginning to be studied and understood.
Pharmaceutical drugs, when abused or taken incorrectly, pose a substantial health risk. Of all of the illegal drugs found in the Fox Cities, more deaths are attributed to the pharmaceutical drug category than all of the other drug types combined.
For additional information contact http://www.recyclemoreoutagamie.org/medicationdrugdrop.htm
Drug Drop Guidelines:
- Remove Medications from their original containers. You may mix pills and tablets.
- The medication container can be recycled.
- No Commercial, business or long term care deposits are allowed
- Unused & Expired Prescription Medications
- Over the Counter Medications
- Pet Medications
- Sharps (needles, syringes) and sharps disposal - Place in plastic container (laundry detergent container) with a sealed lid or you can pick up a plastic container at the Seymour Police Department for use.
- No Hazardous or Chemical Waste
- Lancets - Place in plastic container (laundry detergent container) with a sealed lid or you can pick up a plastic container at the Seymour Police Department for use.
- No Mercury Products
- Electronic Glucose Monitoring Devices can be discarded at the Department of Public Works located on 444 Municipal Street..